Tuesday, September 6, 2011

FAMILY DAY OUT: TAGAYTAY!!!

Another spontaneous trip with my family! This is what I love about us, our SPONTANEITY.  This time we went for a whole day trip to Tagaytay. Going there just to visit Taal Volcano is so last century. We went there just to try out the amazing foodies that you can’t find here in Manila. We have three agenda in mind: go to the market to buy stuff (more of mama’s agenda), eat, and EAT!!!

We first stopped by the Mahogany Market in Tagaytay. They really have a lot of fruit varieties in the place. We bought langka which is very good and sweet! I love eating this for merienda! Our next stop is Bag of Beans. A trip to Tagaytay just wouldn’t be complete without going to this place. I have eaten breakfast and lunch in Bag of Beans and the ambiance is just so relaxing. Fresh air+ good food + affordable meals= AWESOMENESS! But this time around, we just ate little desserts, bought my favorite cinnabites with this very delicious and creamy cheese sauce that really goes well with it, and bought coffee. 

Their dessert pies are to die for!


My favorite Cinnabites!!! See that creamy cheese sauce on top?

You can't leave Tagaytay without bringing home one of these Raisin Bread

The goodies in Bag of Beans


Then it’s food trip time! So first let’s have a battle of the best bulalo! We ate at Leslie’s and Antonio’s to have the best bulalo experience! At Antonio’s, I loved their Steak Bulalo, which is good for a big family, the classic Bulalo, also good for a big family, and Pinakbet rice that is so food my sister and I fought over it. I am not totally into the Steak Bulalo because it is too rich already though it would be good to give it a try. Their Bulalo is good because it is not that greasy. 
This really makes me hungry...


My cousin loving the sizzling bulalo


The Pinakbet rice

See our table?


But I would I have to give the award for the best Bulaluhan in Tagaytay to Leslie’s. Their Bulalo is just like the good old Bulalo we all know. It totally reminds you of homemade meals. The bone marrow is really the best! And another plus is that you can ask for free soup! I really feel like I gained 10 pounds from eating all of those. Their sizzling litid (ligament) is also good to try. I bet it goes well with beer but since my dad is there, I didn’t have the chance to try that combo. I also prefer the ambiance in Leslie’s because you get to eat your hot Bulalo with the air blowing through your hair. Just the perfect match. A word of advice though, the place can get a bit crowded during lunch and dinner time so you would really have to come early or reserve your table.

Look at that bone marrow!!!

The sizzling litid (ligaments)


And since we were still not full after all of those, we stopped by Buon Giorno to eat their New York Pizza that my cousin just couldn’t stop gushing about. It can be found at the Cliffhouse area where you can have a good view of the lake. The place can be perfect for barkadas because of the chill vibe of the room. Their pizza was pretty awesome. Crispy crust and lots of cheese but for me it lacks more flavor. Since we were really full after that, we didn’t order anything else besides the pizza. I would really come back to this place again just to try out the other items on their menu. I saw other people’s order (haha sorry. I couldn’t stop myself from looking) and the food really had nice presentations.
The view




To finish off the food trip, we bought milk at Mr. Moo’s. Their Carabao milk varieties are must tries!!!!! Trust me on this one!!!! We bought big bottles of it and I just look forward to breakfast every night just so I can drink them again.

My family and I would definitely do this again! It was a really good way to bond with them. It was like a 2 hour drive away from the city and it really made me forget the stress in school work. So talk to your parents now and plan a day trip to Tagaytay!!!'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Pictures taken by Ivy Dela Torre.
                   -offers her photography services in any kind of event. Email her at ivdelatorre@yahoo.com
You can send your inquires via text, 09175204508
Want to be featured?  email me at annabeatrixdelatorre@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment