Saturday, September 17, 2011

The “Slow-Food” Experience at Tourne



In our fast paced world today, we usually go for the fast food meals, which are readily available but equally unhealthy. Tourne offers totally (and literally) the opposite. They want their customers to experience their “slow food”, meaning each dish carefully and meticulously cooked for their customers. They make everything they serve their customers, even ketchup! What’s also unique about this restaurant is that they change their menu every two weeks so you’ll definitely experience different dishes with your every visit.

The ambiance of the place was definitely cozy and refreshing. I don’t know if I’m just weird or something, but I got this picnic-on-the-garden vibes while eating at this restaurant. It was a home away from home. And from where we were sitting, we can see the chefs in action. I was pretty disappointed because it was a different scene from the Iron Chef episodes where everyone’s runnin-g around and panicking. They were all organized and calm. My cousin explained to me that each chef had roles. 
FUN FACT ALERT!! The chef who does all the finishing touches is called the Sous Chef!
Here’s a copy of their menu for September 16-…..


 Ready to see all the food we ordered? 

 They have complementary chips which are not really ordinary chips but are actually SOY CHIPS. Interesting right? They are also selling these chips in the restaurant.

Southern Chicken Salad. YUM YUM!


Sweet Potato Puree and GreenEarth Heritage Foundation. It's really creamy and has this healthy taste vibe. Isn't that smiley a cutie?

Salpicao Linguine! My order and did not regret it.

Heart of Palm (ubod) and basil pizza. really light and was a great appetizer.

Stuffed Pork chop

Gaaaaaaaah rib eye for all meat lovers out there!

OUR FAVORITE AND TOTALLY A MUST!! FILET MIGNON!!!! The scallops taste great and the beef is really tender and goes well with the bacon touch. I'm not sure what the blue sauce is but it's really interesting and goes well with the meat and scallops.

JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THISSS!!!

Cordon Bleu

 As for dessert:

Bet you're wondering what this is...

It's their cloud cake that totally tastes like the cloud (I mean, I imagine clouds would taste like this) with pineapple bits

Cordillera coffee for the adults


And lastly, I present to you the whole crowd:
Of course, us!!!

The people who made all those delicious dishes... THANK YOU LORD FOR THESE PEOPLE!

To complete the whole crew...

I BET you are wondering why I never revealed the meaning of Tourne. Well, I want you to find it out for yourself (evil laugh). I really suggest that you come and visit Tourne at The Fort Strip and surely, you’ll always be waiting for their next menu!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Pictures taken by Ivy Dela Torre.
                   -offers her photography services in any kind of event. Email her at ivdelatorre@yahoo.com
You can send your inquires and orders via text, 09175204508
Want to be featured?  email me at annabeatrixdelatorre@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment