Sunday, August 28, 2011

GOOD VIBES NIGHT: BOROUGH AND CHATIME

So what to do after a depressing exam on a ruined long weekend? Once again, PIG OUT! It was a triple depressing day for me. First, because of the Economics exam, which was hard (as usual).  Second, it was scheduled on a Sunday (what happened to Sabbath day???). LASTLY, this was supposed to be my long weekend. Okay enough with the ranting. Moving on.

After exams, we went to hear mass and decided to try a new restaurant for dinner besides Shakey’s  (my family’s all time favorite fast food). My sister was the one who suggested Borough in Podium because she heard a lot of great feedbacks about it. The restaurant was really cozy! A great place for family and even barkada bonding! Borough’s a familiar place for people working around the vicinity because it is where they relax and unwind. 
Cozy environment
There menu is mostly composed of comfort food and meals ordered during conversation moments. They also had a great variety of drinks and wine but I didn’t order one because my dad was there (He is still not comfortable with the idea that I drink. Funny right?).  My family decided to try their CHOCOLATE CHICKEN WINGS for obvious reasons (we got SUPER curious). I usually see Buffalo wings in menus but this was the first time I saw CHOCOLATE chicken wings!

Chocolate Chicken wings

Sorry if the picture looked like burnt chicken wings! Anyway, my sister and I described it in one word. DIFFERENT. I couldn’t say that it was super delicious or super not delicious. It was the type of food that you will either like or not. It really tasted like chocolate by the way. It had a nutmeg kick into it and it really went well with the sauce. A MUST TRY FOR ALL THOSE WITH ADVENTUROUS TASTE BUDS

Claud, a friend of my sister, orders just one item in their menu and that is the BAKED MAC AND CHEESE. So we tried it out to know why she is so crazy about it. Now, I know why! IT IS THE BEST BAKED MAC AND CHEESE I HAVE TASTED IN A RESTAURANT!!! Really amazing! It is a little crispy on top with all the cheese and saucy inside. It is definitely a different MAC AND CHEESE experience.
Value: 380 pesos
Lastly, since my dad was pretty hungry that time, we ordered him the ALL BEEF CHEESEBURGER. For me, this was my favorite out of all the items we ordered. One of the best burgers I have tasted. My sister and I each took a bite and we finished the burger together. In the end, my dad ordered another one for himself. The burger patty was really flavorful! I don’t usually care about the bun of the burgers I eat but the bun of ALL BEEF CHEESEBURGER was really soft inside but a little bit crunchy outside and I made it even more delicious. I totally forgot my triple depressing day because of that burger.
Overall, Borough is the perfect place to chill and eat comfort foods at its best.

Value: 320 pesos. Good for sharing and super worth it!!! Kaya huwag mo na ishare...i kid.

Since I was craving for something sweet after that heavy dinner, we decided to finally try one of the most talked about Milk tea shops in the Metro, Chatime. Warning, you might have a hard time looking for it in Robinson’s Galleria (It’s in front of National Bookstore near the grocery area)! I asked for their best sellers and I ordered the Red Bean Milk tea while my sister ordered Taro milk tea. I now know how it stood out from other Milk Tea shops. Their milk tea was unlike others because it had texture. The red bean in their Red Bean Milk tea really added a kick in the drink. My expectations for Chatime were completely satisfied. They even had this cute machine they give to customers who were waiting for their orders. This small circle machine vibrated whenever one’s order was ready. First time I saw something like that! Though try visiting other branches (like SM NORTH EDSA, which just opened recently) because the one in Galleria was more of a to- go (or take-out) stall.

Sorry if I wasn’t able to update my blog last week. Blame it on the school hell week….

Even though I only have 2 days left of my long weekend, this night was definitely a GOOD VIBES night.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pictures taken by: Bea Dela Torre, 09175204508
Want to be featured?  email me at annabeatrixdelatorre@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment