Sunday, August 14, 2011

TAO YUAN RESTAURANT: authentic Chinese food at its best



What to do after an accounting exam that contains words I have never encountered (or taught to us)?

PIG OUT
(Though not in a "fast food" type of way)

After the mass (really asked for guidance and divine intervention after that exam), we went to Resorts World to eat at Tao Yuan. I have been begging my family to eat here for around a month but because of my sister’s midterms, we weren’t able to do so.

Just a suggestion, make a table reservation. You can only make a reservation for 6 pm and 8pm (not so sure why they have this policy. I think because they assume it takes 2 hours for a family to eat dinner, thus the allowance. Just guessing), so make sure you have one. We waited for around 30 minutes to get a table and we were already so hungry because we really prepared for this dinner (aka emptied our stomachs for the day to pig out on dinner). Though, the wait was worth it.

First of all, I would like to commend their friendly service crew. They are really accommodating and if you have questions about their specialties or you are looking for something specific, don’t hesitate to ask them. Believe me; they know what they are selling.

Even though I’m not Chinese and I haven’t been to China, I believe (and think) that they serve authentic Chinese and Singaporean dishes. How can I tell? Well, there are a lot of Chinese restaurants here in the Philippines and I never really liked them. Even if you ask my friends, they would attest to this. I would rather go to American, Italian, and Japanese restaurant.

But when my mom forced us to try this, after seeing it on TV, I vowed never to eat Chinese food, EXCEPT in Tao Yuan.

Here’s our staple menu! 

OHHHH!!! THIS ONE'S OUR FAVORITE!!!!! IT'S A MUST ORDER!!!!  Its Fujian Fried Rice; like yang chow rice in a more "soupy" way (kind of like the lugaw) but it takes really great! You can eat it as is!

The famous Hainanese Chicken. Really healthy! Great for health conscious people. The chicken is boiled but if you are worrying that it has not taste, let me tell you that their Hainanese Chicken is so flavorful!
Condiments to enhance the flavor of the Hainanese Chicken

The one is garlic spareribs. Good for kids who are still doubtful about flavors that are not usual to them.

This one is my dad's favorite. This is Taiwan pechay; smaller than the usual pechay.

READY TO EAAAAAT!!!
 So guys, the search is over for the best Chinese Restaurant in town.Visit Tao Yuan and it won't only be the best restaurant but it will be the ONLY Chinese Restaurant you'll ever come to!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pictures taken by Ivy Dela Torre.
                   -offers her photography services in any kind of event. Email her at ivdelatorre@yahoo.com
Want to be featured?  email me at annabeatrixdelatorre@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment