Monday, August 29, 2011

GIRLS DAY OUT!: Ristras @ Greenhills



I love this long weekend!!! Since my friend was looking for new clothes in Greenhills, we decided have a movie and shopping date. I researched in advance for new restaurants around the vicinity so we wouldn’t end up eating again at Kenny Rogers or Teriyaki boy. I first heard of Ristras from my sister and cousin. They just couldn’t stop gushing about it. Though I was not a fan of burritos, my sister told me that once I’ve tried Ristras, I will love and crave for burrito my whole life.

And she was right.

It was a perfect barkada place to just chill, chat, and eat. We ordered their Wet Steak Burrito, an ultimate best seller. You might be wondering what I mean by “Wet” burrito. They placed cheese on top of the burrito and used cooking torch to kind of burn it.
The "wetting" of the burrito (upper picture) and the kitchen/counter view (lower picture)

You might be shocked to see that one burrito can cost you around 420 pesos. Don’t worry! Their burrito is incredibly BIG!!! As in, one burrito can be shared by three people!!! You can actually see how they do the burrito and how generous they are with the fillings. You have a choice between their vegetarian rice and chorizo rice, and then they add the steak and all the burrito fillings inside. Before they serve it, they will “wet” the burrito.  You can actually see how stuffed it is, as if anytime it might explode.

YUUUUUUUM!!!

IT WAS REALLY DELICIOUS AND SATISFYING!!! You can taste its authenticity and the wonderful blend of different Mexican flavors.
My friend loving the burrito..


If you think their 400 pesos burrito is big, then you have to see their 1200 pesos burrito. We were lucky enough that one group ordered that and we saw how they make this enormous burrito. IT WAS REALLY BIG!! It was enough to satisfy two meals of a family.
Biggest burrito ever!!!

The fastest record holder (yes, they hold burrito eating contests) who ate this Godzilla burrito finished in 52 minutes. Hands -down, man. Hands –down.

Best burrito I have tasted, people. Bring your family, friends, or even the whole neighborhood down to Ristras and I promise, everyone will go home with full stomachs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Pictures taken by: Nina Gerodias and Eka Mesiona
Want to be featured?  email me at annabeatrixdelatorre@yahoo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment